Have you been trying to find an alternative solution to the traditional drugs that you keep taking in order to control your health conditions? If yes, then you should not worry as medical marijuana offers you the opportunity of trying a new method of treatment. This is because medical marijuana is not only safe but also effective in controlling majority of ailments that are common among people. You should never be wooed by marijuana myths that keep flying in the country; you will be surprised by how effective using medical marijuana is. But what makes medical marijuana a perfect alternative to traditional drugs? Below are some of the reasons.
It contains THC
One of the compound that medical marijuana have that makes it very effective in controlling majority of the health ailments is the THC. The THC is therefore the compound in medical marijuana that is responsible for treating mental health related ailments that medical marijuana addresses. THC or tetrahydrocannabinolis as is commonly known is a psychoactive compound found in medical marijuana that is responsible for the high factor that people feel when they take the drug. This compound is therefore responsible for treating nausea, vomiting, depression, and low appetite. Owing to the THC compound that medical marijuana contains, you can treat multiple ailments with one stone.
It contains CBD
CBD or cannabidiol as is commonly known is a compound found in medical marijuana which is not psychoactive as compared to the THC. That is why it is the compound responsible for treating most of the ailments that medical marijuana treats. This is therefore the compound that is responsible for treating majority of the ailments that medical marijuana addresses. Medical marijuana contains over 60 types of cannabidiol and that is the reason why medical marijuana is able to treat many ailments at the same time. Owing to the health benefits of cbd oil in medical marijuana, you can be able to treat majority of ailments like epilepsy, glaucoma, as well as multiple sclerosis among others.
It comes in many forms
Majority of the traditional drugs can only be administrated through injections or ingestion. This in turn tends to be a hard nut to crack for those people who have injection phobia and do not like taking drugs. This being the case, medical marijuana comes in distinct forms and types, thus giving you the opportunity to administer the drug in the way that you feel comfortable buy weed online canada You can therefore administer medical marijuana by taking its pills, smoking it, eating as well as vaporizing. This in turn goes a long way in helping you to take care of your ailments without much hustle.
Even as the demand for CBD oil continue to spiral all over the country owing to its immense benefits that it comes along with, many people do not have enough information on the same. This is because using the CBD oil in a manner that is not recommended can lead to serious side effects on your body. That is why it is important to use the oil with the doctor?s prescription so that you can know the right dosages that you need to ingest. This article therefore will delve into the cons that using CBD oil in cooking brings to the table, so that you can make an informed decision as to whether you need it or not.
Inhibits the p-glycoprotein enzyme
One of the staunch misgivings that using in cooking brings to the table is inhibiting the activities of the p-glycoprotein enzyme in your body. The p-glycoprotein is an enzyme in your body responsible for the normal functioning of the body by metabolizing on the drugs that you use. The CBD oil has a CBD compound which interacts with the medications as well as treatment that you give to your body, thus inhibiting this enzyme. Once the functions of the p-glycoprotein is inhibited, your body fails to react with the majority of medications that you take which in turns weakens your immune system.
Causes dry mouth
Another serious shortcoming that cooking with CBD oil has is causing dry mouth. The CBD oil contains the endocannabinoid compound which in turn inhibits the production of your saliva. This in turn reduces the amount of it in your mouth, which in turn leads to the unpleasant dry mouth. This is a very serious problem that can cause massive discomfort. This being the case therefore, you are required to take massive amounts of water, after eating foods cooked using the CBD oil, so as to provide the necessary moisture in your mouth. Never suffer from cotton mouth while there is a first aid that you can do to reduce the effects of dry mouth.
It has high levels of THC
CBD oil is manufactured from flowers and whole plant of the hemp as well as cannabis plant This being the case therefore, the oil contains both CBD and THC compounds in it. The THC compound is responsible for the high factor that you feel while you smoke cannabis When you take CBD oil in high quantities therefore, the high levels of THC reduces your ability to focus and think as well as causing you to feel dizzy and fatigued. That is why you are advised to use the right amount of dosage when cooking with the CBD oil.
Most US states have legalized cannabis for both recreational and medicinal purposes. One of the compounds found in cannabis plant is CBD. CBD has various health benefits, and hence many people are embracing it. Apart from CBD, the hemp plant has various compounds. One other important compound is THC. THC compound is the one that makes the user to feel high or paranoid while CBD does not. CBD instead manages some chronic diseases which people spend a lot of money on when buying conventional medicine. Therefore using CBD oil is not only a cheaper option but an effective one as well. This article will delve into some chronic diseases and conditions that will be treated by the legalized cbd oil near me in the US. These are as follows:
- Curing of certain diseases CBD can be used in offering relieve of the following painful conditions: epilepsy. There are many people suffering from these diseases and use a lot of money in treating them. Because the conventional medicines are not effective, using CBD will offer the best relieve that is sought.
- Weight loose CBD helps in regulating the production of insulin in the human body and manages the intake of calorie. This is why people who take marijuana are comparatively slimmer than those who don?t. Moreover, CBD is capable of enhancing the metabolism of the users.
Obesity is often followed by overweight which further leads to arthritis and diabetes. The usage of CBD helps to manage obesity.
- Management and reduction of anxiety and depression calms the mood of the user and sedates people suffering from anxiety related diseases like depression. The drug has the potency of clearing anxiety and depression.
- It improves the consumer?s attention People who use marijuana are more focused and concentrate on whatever they do. It has been established that improves their memory and helps students to perform well in exams.
- Reversal of effects of tobacco smoking CBD oil can reverse the negative effects of tobacco smoking. It does not have any side effects to your lungs as compared with smoking of tobacco.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)– CBD oil helps to calm a patient suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. The medicine works by relieving the stress associated with PTSD.
- Heart problems-Research has shown that using CBD oil is beneficial to heart because it has the ability to lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure may cause stroke and heart attack.
There are many forms in which marijuana is taken, marijuana edibles is a common form. How is marijuana edible? Someone may ask well, it is used as an ingredient during baking of cakes, cookies and even candy making. This is mostly consumed by the youth during birthday parties or during youth events so that they get into the “zone”.
One of the common effects of taking marijuana edibles is overdosing, just like other food when taken into the body through the mouth, it undergoes the process of digestion which takes some hours before it is absorbed into the bloodstream. The muffins and cookies with marijuana when taken into the body do not have an immediate effect compared to smoking marijuana buy my weed online, thus one may tend to consume more and more marijuana edibles thinking that they are not making the person high.
One may tend to overdose as a way of stress management, or to avoid a certain situation that seems to be disturbing your mind, or a way to deal with depression. A marijuana edible overdose is a serious situation since it can lead to death or one may have a serious injury since at that state.
How do you know that someone has overdosed?
- The person may be unresponsive when
asked a question he or she does not give an answer and tends to stare at you.
- The person may look “lost”, not aware of the surrounding he or she is in.Lacks the ability to remember how he got there or who he came with.
- His/her heartbeat may be rapid due to the excess of marijuana intake in the body, this is harmful since it may lead to having a stroke.
- A long term effect of overdosing on marijuana dibbles is having memory loss, and hallucinations one in a while.
How do you help someone who has overdosed on marijuana edibles?
- Call for help, or enter the nearest emergency room so that the person may get help, could be by a nurse or someone with the knowledge on how to help a person in such a case.
- The marijuana could have an effect on the persons breathing ability, one should administer a CPR or call for someone who knows how to.
- If possible take the person to hospital and if the driving ensures that you don’t let the person drive, do it yourself.
- If the person is awake, give the overdosed person some water to drink and one more thing is do not to force the overdosed victim to throw up.
One way that one can avoid a marijuana overdose is by abstaining from consuming marijuana The other way is to take in minimum amounts of weed.
A good number of cannabis users are not aware that there are different strains of their favorite fix. They don’t know that some of these strains have won awards in the cannabis cup championships.
There are three strains of the cannabis plant These are indica, sativa and hybrid. Each strain has different benefits depending on the type.
Characteristics of the Sativa Strain
- The sativa strain takes more time to flower than the other two strains, but the produce received is high and makes the wait worthwhile.
- It originated from Africa, Asia South and Central America. It also grows naturally in Mexico, Thailand, Brazil and Cambodia.
Benefits of the Sativa Strain
- It has an energizing and uplifting high.
- Its effects are said to make the user very sociable and creative.
- Helps relieve symptoms of different mental disorders such as stress or anxiety.
Let us explore some of the award winning strains and their effects.
Super Silver Haze
Many people got to know about the Super Silver Haze in the 90s when it became the number one in the High Times Cannabis Cup BC Dispensary online This hybrid is a mixture of Haze, Skunk and Northern Lights. This is a prominent sativa because of this combination. Users like it because of its uplifting and energetic feeling.
In 9-10 weeks this strain will start producing flowers. The Silver Super Haze grows well both indoors and outdoors. The harvest when grown indoors is about 450-550gm/m2, while outdoors the yield is 550g per plant. The plant grows to be quite tall and exhibits a powerful stature.
G13 Haze (Barney’s Farm)
The G13 Haze is a sativa strain that is worth yours salt. In 2007 this strain was the winner of the High Times Cannabis Cup. Many of the people who use it really like it for its unique effects and growth patterns.
The G13 Haze doesn’t grow as tall as other sativa strains Its maximum height is 50-100 cm and is the best to grow indoors. This hybrid takes about 70-80 days to start flowering. Although it takes long to flower, the harvest is quite good.
You cannot compare the unique and uplifting effects of this strain to any other. It is a strong sativa that is purely haze. Users say it produces both creative and stimulating feelings.
The Neville’s Haze about 14 weeks to flower and therefore a lot of patience is needed to maintain the buds. When this strain matures, those who grow indoors get about 700g/m2 and the outdoor growers get about 1200g per plant.
The sativa strain can be a good friend to the cannabis smokers. Users claim that its consumption makes them flow with energy and quite creative. It is good to take this strain in small doses if you have anxiety problems, but for chronic pains this is best.
There are three strains of the cannabis plant and sativa is one of them. The other two are indica and hybrid.
For most people the sativa strain is the social strain Many of its users go for the energizing effects which are said to promote creativity and sociability. Most of them also want to get high and not the medical aspect.
The sativa strain came from Africa, Asia Central and South America, but you can now find it growing naturally in Mexico, Thailand, Brazil and Cambodia.
People with mental conditions such as depression can use this strain because it uplifts your mood. It is good for poor eaters as it boosts appetite.
Here are the top award-winning sativa strains according to https://www.cheapweed.ca/buy-my-weed-online/
The World Famous Strain: Jack Herer
This strain has won multiple awards. It is also a combination of sativa and indica, with sativa taking the largest share. The World Famous Strain was named after Jack Herer who pushed for cannabis to be legalized in the US.
The spicy aroma of this strain has the ability to bring a cooling effect on the user. This cooling effect is good for people with lung problems.
The Espresso: Durban Poison
The Durban Poison contains sativa as the only strain. The smell of this strain is spicey and is perfect for day time use. The effects give you a creative boost. The Durban Poison has medical uses which include migraine relief and increased appetite.
The Comical Strain: Hawaiian Snow
The Hawaiian Snow has won four cannabis cup awards in the recent few years. This strain is also a combination of sativa and indica strains, with sativa taking the lead with 80%. It is good for sufferers of anxiety and depression because of its energizing and uplifting properties.
You can compare its scent to that of incense. Many of its users are drawn to it for its eucalyptus flavour. The interesting thing about this strain is its ability to make the user giggle uncontrollably.
The Hard Hitter Strain: Moby Dick
This strain was developed more because of its medical value. It brings a euphoric feeling at the same time making you feel spaced out.
It contains 75% sativa, has a citrus smell and pleasant vanilla flavour It is good for you if what you are looking for is just to get high.
It leaves you feeling lazy because of its numbing effects. If you are feeling anxious, depressed or stressed this is your best option.
It is a personal choice on which strain to use. However if you suffer from depression or are looking for something to boost your mood, you can get that from all sativa and sativa dominant strains.
The cannabis sativa is an herbaceous flowering plant naturally found in eastern Asia. It is now distributed across the cosmopolitan because of its widespread cultivation. It’s used as a source of industrial fibre, seed oil. It’s also used for relaxation and medical purposes.
There are three major strain forms of the Cannabis Sativa plant These are indica, sativa and hybrid. They have different benefits depending on the type of strain used.
Indica plants are bushy, short with wide leaves. They grow quite fast compared to the sativa strain. It is the go-to choice for many indoor growers. Indica plants grow to a height of about six feet and in nine weeks start producing flowers.
The indica strain has both sedative and healing properties. This makes it ideal for people suffering from insomnia, anxiety, chronic pain and muscle spasms.
Award-winning cannabis indica strain can be classified into five categories.
- The Classis Strain
- Celebrity Strain
- Euphoric Strain
- Stress Busting Strain
- The Urban Legend Strain
The Classic Strain
The Granddaddy Purple falls under this category. This strain has been around since 2003 and is the most popular strain in the market. It has a fruity taste that is quite distinctive and helps in easing pain and relaxing.
A mental and body high is a guarantee to its users. It is good for people with insomnia and those who have trouble sleeping for whatever reason.
The Northern Highlights falls in this category. It is the most famous strain hence the name celebrity strain. Its pungent aroma and delightful resinous buds are the reason this strain has won multiple awards.
Its high is mellow and pacifying and leaves you in dreamy euphoria. It is best used at night as it helps with sleeplessness, relief of depression and anxiety.
It has a sweet and earthy aroma and is popular in North America. It has won many cannabis cups because it is extremely powerful. It is said to relieve severe pain and loss of appetite. It is popular with marijuana users for medical gain.
Stress Busting Strain
The Afghani falls here. It is purely an indica strain. Its effects are deep and relaxing. It has a mood-boosting euphoric high and it is good for people who suffer from insomnia and stress-related issues.
The Urban Legend Strain
The G-13 falls in this category and is the most talked about the strain. It is bred by the US government. Although it’s been around since the 1970s and 80s its components still remain a mystery.
It has a strong smell of oranges and is good for reducing muscle spasms, pain and nausea. Its effects leave you feeling focused and creative. Also helps combat chronic pain.
These strains can be used for recreational as well as medical purposes Canadian online dispensaries For recreation purposes use it in places where it is allowed to avoid getting on the wrong side of the law.
Thanks to our friends at the Marijuana University for the great research that made this blog possible.
Anyone who uses CBD oil does so with their own reasons. Whether for recreational effect or medical purposes there are tremendous advantages. The controversy surrounding its use limits the use of CBD oils for medical purposes.
With extensive study on the effectiveness and safety, medical practitioners have approved CBD oil known as epidiolex in the treatment of two conditions.
These are two common conditions that are characterized by epileptic seizures according to studies.
- Lennox-gastaut syndrome which is a condition that appears between the age of 3 and 5 years and involves very different types of seizures.
- Dravet syndrome which is a rare condition commonly known for appearing in the first year of life and involves frequent fever related seizures.
It has been very hard to contain these types of conditions using traditional medical practices With the right dosage CBD oils have been used effectively to aid in the treatment process.
There are people who find CBD oils to be effective in fighting insomnia. CBD oils from Phytocannabinoids are effective when it comes to regulating homeostasis. It is important to use the right dosage which is 5-10 mg 30 minutes before bedtime.
There has been conclusive research that CBD can be used in the fight against cancer. Research proved that CBD oils helped in suppressing the growth of cancer cells hence promoting their destruction. If the levels of toxicity are carefully controlled to harmless levels, CBD oils can be effective in the fight against cancer.
- Anxiety disorders
Some medical practitioners sometimes caution patients with anxiety disorders against using cannabis and its products. They believe that the levels of THC in CBD oils can trigger or amplify anxiety and paranoia.
In recent years however, researchers have been able to prove that CBD oils may reduce anxiety in people with certain disorders such as P.T.S.D, general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Researchers concluded that, the treatment currently being used for these disorders have more and dangerous side effects compared to CBD Oils
- Type 1 diabetes
Research has proven that the inflammation on the pancreas which causes type 1 diabetes can be eased using CBD oils. This may yet prove to be a very significant step towards finding cure or control for type I diabetes.
- Quitting smoking
There have been studies on the possibility to use CBD oils to try and quit smoking. Smoking cannabis can be dangerous for health and CBD oils can be used in other means with the same desired effects.
Like all other medicinal products CBD oils have their side effects and risks. It is however important to try and weigh the risks against the benefits and decide whether to use CBD oils in trying to cure diseases.
Indica and Sativa as strains of cannabis have constituted the very essence of preference as well as points of reference to users worldwide whenever discussing merits and demerits of this cultivar. Universally it is assumed that Indica induces general body relaxation, whereas Sativa excites the mental state inducing a sense of euphoria. However, these cannabis strains have peculiar characteristics, such that each crop or individual stock will yield completely different properties as a direct response to the conditions of cultivation. This essentially means that the same strain grown in different locations with different climatic conditions and soil types, will display a variety of properties. Subtle differences are noticeable in each plant’s aroma signature, color, and its effects.
The terms Indica and Sativa have come to mean different things to users and as such, cultivators have strived to classify their products accordingly and in tandem with cannabinoid content to satisfy this requirement. The difference between Indica and Sativa is in their physical expressions and internal composition otherwise, they share taxonomy. Indica is a short bushy shrub, with equally short and wide leaves of a darker green shade. Indica also grows in cold conditions with minimum light and matures fast. The Sativa cultivar on the other hand grows tall and slender with thin long leaves of a lighter green shade and long cylindrical flowers. Sativa does well in warm climes with sufficient sunlight and is a slow grower.
The chemical compounds known as cannabinoids and terpenes dictate the internal differences between Indica and Sativa. In reality they share same compounds but with different ratio configurations. There are many compounds but two cannabinoids are dominant. These are cannabidiol or CBD oils online and tetrahydrocannibinol or THC present in both strains. In Indica the CBDs present in higher levels than the THC and the opposite is true in Sativa with higher levels of THC and low CBDs.
These internal differences dictate how each strain affects users. The CBDs are relaxants bringing about mental and body relaxation to users through increased release of dopamine in the brain. They also help relieve acute pain symptoms making Indica ideal for management of physical ailments. THCs are stimulants and very good for a “mental high.” They are good antidepressants and alleviate cases of anxiety. THCs help release serotonin in the brain stimulating focus, learning ability and creativity, as well as general mood lift. This mental stimulation makes Sativa a preferred choice for recreational users.Crossbreeding has greatly affected the individual traits originally separating Indica and Sativa to the extent that the difference between them is a thin line. However, since users still maintain a sentimental attachment to the assumed pedigree, cultivators are careful to oblige.
There are many compounds that are found in the marijuana plant. However, the two main compounds with significance medical implications include CBD and THC. While THC is psychoactive and makes a user to feel high, CBD does not have any psychoactive properties. Instead, CBD has properties that are associated with treatment of many diseases and conditions. After extracting the oil from weed plant, you can mix it with some other oil like coconut which will act as a carrier. There are many diseases and conditions that CBD oil may treat. This article therefore highlights and explains how CBD oil treats some of the conditions as follows:
- Cancer treatment-Recent research has indicated that CBD combined with THC can slow the progression of cancerous cells. Through the tests that have been done in labs, it has emerged that CBD mixed with THC can kill some cancer cells and stop their fast spreading. For people undergoing chemotherapy, there are various side effects that they experience. CBD is able to treat such symptoms like nausea, vomiting and pain that are brought about as a result of undergoing chemotherapy.
- Pain treatment-CBD is effective in treatment of chronic pain. Furthermore, the CBD compound does not have any side effects that are evidence when using conventional medicines. Globally, many people suffer from chronic pain associated with such conditions like arthritis and Parkinson’s disease. In order to relief the pain, it is advisable to take CBD oil as it does not have any of the side effects associated with the conventional drugs.
- Treatment of anxiety and depression-The two conditions continue afflicting us in spite of the existence of conventional medicines. These mainstream drugs however, have various side effects that may cause some other conditions. Using CBD is the best way of treating anxiety and depression because it does not have any side effects and it is effective.
- Treatment of skin conditions-Although many people suffer from skin conditions, many of the conventional drugs used are not effective in alleviating these diseases. Because CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, it is effective in the relieve of many of the skin conditions.
- Neuroprotective traits- As CBD oil acts on the endocannabinoid system, it alleviates pain for those suffering from neurological disorders. CBD can offer relieve for people suffering from epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. In case you suffer from such ailments like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, try CBD.
- Heart health-Many people are suffering from heart related conditions such as high blood pressure. If you need an effective treatment with fewer side effects, try CBD. Because it can be used for the relieve of anxiety and depression, it helps to prevent high blood pressure.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by the Tobacco Control Conference website where all the action is going to occur over the next few years. We will be going beyond tobacco to all thing smokable such as vapes, cannabis and